Thursday, September 20, 2007

Today



This happens nearly every day at our house. Both of these cats like to get a "sink drink". Misty is afraid of the running water so she prefers a cup or her sippy cup as shown in a previous post. Sanome likes to drink from the actual stream and Dexter likes to lick up what gathers in the sink. He basically gets her backwash. I don't know why they don't drink from a dish like normal cats or for that matter why we indulge them, but we do. When we built the house we had double sinks put in the master bedroom. We thought it was going to be his and hers. Hah! It has turned out to be theirs and ours. Sigh...

I spent a LOT of time praying today about our adoption process. We've been in MOI for 3 1/2 months, or 16 weeks, or 113 days, however you want to look at it, but who's counting? We've been waiting all that time for the signature that allows us to get a passport printed. It's insane. I pray that the Lord softens Mr. Guinard's heart (or Giungard, however it's spelled) and he signs us all out. This was one of those days that would drive me nuts if I dwelled on it too much. I did pray a lot. I had some nice prayer time while putting address labels on postcards at work. You don't have to think about that, just peel and stick. It made for nice prayer time. It was one of those days when it feels like J will never get here. I just don't understand how this is good but I have to trust and obey. He will be 10 in 10 days and I never dreamed that he wouldn't be here by now. Each month I get my hopes up that he'll be here for this or that and it never happens. I thought he'd be here before last school year ended so that A would be at the school with him for a while. Nope. I thought he'd be here this summer so we could bond before school started. Nope. I thought he'd be here when school started this year. Nope. I thought he'd be here for his 10th birthday. Not lookin' to good for that. Next month, it's a family vacation. November is Thanksgiving. I wonder if he'll be here for Christmas. I just don't understand it but I may not understand until I see God face to face. I'm a "big picture" type person. I want to know the "whys". Why is this good to wait so long? Why is it good for J to not be with his family? I usually read ahead in books because I can't stand the not knowing. My mom does that too. T says it ruins it for him and can't understand why I would read ahead. It's because it drives me nuts to not know. I want to know where they're going and then read how they got there. But I don't get to know how this turns out. I try to be thankful. I thank God that J's in good O, I'm thankful that he's healthy, I thank God for financial provision. It all comes down to the fact that I have to trust and obey. That's so much easier said than done. I believe Lord, help my unbelief.

Healthwise, I think I feel improvement in the sinus issue. Not so much junk draining down my throat. Sorry if that's gross. Maybe it would be down-graded from "profound" to "lots" if the doc took a look. I truly miss the good effects of the elavil on the fibro and related sleep problems. Gotta have a liver though. I got some samples of other meds to try from the doc today. We'll see. I'm a little leary of trying much of anything. Especially with the antibiotics and congestion stuff I'm taking. Sigh...

Someone from the local theater called R and asked her if she'd be in another play. She had tried out for it but didn't get a part. Apparently she was on the "reserve" list and they decided to call her. So now she is in two plays and A is in the other cast of one of those. Three different rehearsal schedules. It's a good thing R can drive. If only T got the truck on the road, then R could have the Jeep.

Amy

2 comments:

The Tall Frys & Small Frys said...

Amy,
I know the feelings so well. It just hurts to watch time go by and to "not" know. It's Friday and it's hard to know that if I don't get a call within a few hours, another silent week will pass. I hope that this day will yet bring us both good news. Know I am praying for you and your case too!
Hugs,
Kristie

Amy said...

Thanks again Kristie. And right back atcha.
Amy