Wednesday, September 19, 2007

Praise

I guess I can share this now. I had some regular bloodwork done last Friday. They called Monday evening and told me to follow-up with my regular doctor because my liver function was abnormal. I called Tues. morning and they wanted me to come in right away. That's always scary. He said my TSH (thyroid stimulating hormone) was nearly non-existent as well as the liver stuff. Then he also decided that I had "profound" sinus drainage. I could have told him that without him looking. Anyway,they tested me for hepatitis but also took me off elavil. I take a small dose at night to help with the fibromyalgia pain and sleep disturbances. They called this morning and I do not have hepatitis, praise God. I didn't sleep very well without the elavil but that's better than hepatitis. I also had been taking iodine tablets to increase my T4 free cells and they think that doing so tricked my body into thinking that it didn't need to produce TSH. My T4 free cells were at the very top of normal, almost over. So I'm off the iodine now too. I'm to be re-tested in a month and see where things are at. I'm praying that they will be fine and that I can find a way to sleep better. The nurse is checking with the doc on that but I'm not sure I want to take more meds at this point. Between the thyroid stuff, liver stuff and sinus stuff I'm supposed to be sick and tired. I don't feel any worse than usual. I don't know if I should be glad that I don't feel worse than usual or sad that I always feel sick and tired. Anyway, I'm praising God that I don't have hepatitis.
Amy

3 comments:

T and T Livesay said...

Hi Amy-
I am glad your results were good news. I hope your levels all get back in line again soon! Are you hyperthyroid?

Your blog is fun, a place to go read about many varieties of creatures!

Amy said...

Hi Tara, glad you like the blog and the critters. I've never been diagnosed hyperthyroid but have always had symptoms. That's why I was taking iodine tablets. But it could just be fibromyalgia symptoms, I don't know. What were you doing up at 3:31 AM? Little insomnia?
Amy

The Tall Frys & Small Frys said...

Great to hear good news, Amy!