Tuesday, September 4, 2007

No news yet

No news yet today. I was really hoping for some. We've been in MOI for over 3 months-14 weeks. It's getting very old. I plan to call the O director tomorrow if I haven't heard from her by then. I was very frustrated with the Lord today and told Him so but almost instantly the song "Trust and Obey" popped into my head. Hmmmm. Then I got thankful that J is healthy, that he's in a good O, etc. I guess I just feel empty without him here and cannot fathom why it's good for him to be apart from us. I told my Wed. ladies group that sometimes I wonder what's wrong with us that we can't have J in our home yet. Of course I believe that God is in control but sometimes those thoughts just pop in there.

I have a devotional book called "God Things Come in Small Packages" written by 4 different ladies. At the beginning of each devotional they put together parts of verses and "sign" them from God. Here are the last two I've read; "Cast all your anxieties on Me, because I care for you! I am your God, in whom you trust. I will command My angels concerning you to guard you in all your ways. Let My peace that surpasses all understanding guard your heart and your mind. (signed) My Perfect Peace, Your God Most High (taken from 1 Peter 5:7, Psalm 91:2,11 and Phil. 4:6-7) and the second one is "Let Me restore your soul and guide you in paths of righteousness. I heal you when you're brokenhearted and bind up all of your hurts. I will quiet you with My love and rejoice over you. I will turn your mourning into gladness; I will replace your sorrow with comfort and joy. (signed) Your God of Restoration (taken from Psalm 147:3; Psalm 23:3; Zeph. 3:17; Jer. 31:13). I'm ready for the mourning to be turned to gladness.

We are planning on setting up a time to go look at Bryan college for R. We'll probably go pretty soon. I can't believe it's time for that already. Zoiks! It seems like she was just born and now she's planning on going off to college. Maybe that's part of reason for my melancholy over the adoption stuff.

I mentioned that I believe that God is in control. That song has been our "adoption theme song". I'll post the words here.

"God Is In Control"
by Twila Paris

This is no time for fear,
This is a time for faith and determination.
Don’t lose the vision here,
Carried away by the motion.
Hold on to all that you hide in your heart.
There is one thing that has always been true.
It holds the world together. –

God in is control.
We believe that His children will not be forsaken.
God is in control. We will choose to remember and never be shaken.
There is no power above or beside Him,
We know, oh, God is in control.
Oh, God is in control. –

History marches on.
There is a bottom line drawn across the ages.
Culture can make it’s plan,
Oh, but the line never changes.
No matter how the deception may fly.
There is one thing that has always been true.
It will be true forever. (chorus)

He has never let you down.
Why start to worry now.
Why start to worry now.
He is still the Lord of all we see
And He is still the loving Father
Watching over you and me


We never have the radio on when we drive in the car. T just doesn't like it. He says he can't hear me speaking over the radio and he would rather talk. For some strange reason we had the radio on when we were driving up to our first homestudy appointment. When we were about 5 minutes away from the place, "God Is In Control" came on the radio. It was like God was saying He could control it all even down to the song on the radio at that very point in time. I guess if He can control the radio He has MOI all figured out. We just have to trust and obey.
Amy

No comments: