Saturday, September 15, 2007

Today

Well, R got her art/photography set up today. It looks really good. She did one painting that has a black horse in a sunset and she painted it so that you can't really tell if the horse is looking away from you or towards you. She already sold a framed photo even if it was to someone we know. I'll try to post a pic of her display soon but after my frustration last night trying to post pics I think I'll wait a day or two. She hung up a framed set of pics that she drew for my mother when she was 5 years old. It's not for sale but kind of shows where she came from. She drew a bear when she was 3 or 4 that was recognizable as a bear. I'm reading one of her books right now too. She is truly a talented person to be as young as she is. A is talented in the arts too. She loves to act in live theater and does a good job at it. She also likes to draw but draws more people than animals. She's been sketching clothes for a long time too. I used to get notes from her kindergarten teacher that she needs to color in the lines better. I finally took the papers down to her and pointed out what she had missed. A was never satisfied with the pic the way it was. She embellished all pics. She once added a tuxedo to a chipmunk and a "belly dancer" ensemble to the other chipmunk. I still have those pics and R's bear too. T used to bring home boxes of computer paper home and they drew all the time. Oh, they are both in another play but they are in separate casts. R is taking drama at school and they are working with the local theater and A auditioned and got a part so they are in two different casts. The theater usually "double casts" these shows and then they are performed for school kids during the day. With double casting it allows them to do more shows without the cast members missing so much school themselves. They do a few public performances too. Both girls have been in several plays and I've been in 3 and T's been in one. He is not interested in doing another one at this point.

When hanging up J's clothes today I discovered that I had a matched set. The funny part is I got the pants at Goodwill several months ago and I got the shirt yesterday at a different thrift store. Weird huh?

It's been much cooler here that last couple of days. Fall is definitely upon us. I'm not missing the heat yet but I don't like cold weather. It's 35 degrees cooler than it was just days ago. It's so sad that another summer has come and gone without J being here. I'm so tired of the process. I want to know what it's like to parent an adopted child in our home, everyday. I can't believe it's taking so long. There are some that have been waiting longer and my heart aches for them as well as us. J will be 10 soon and he was 7 when we first started pursuing this adoption. Sigh... Maybe soon, please Lord?

No comments: