Sunday, September 23, 2007

Sweet sleep, until...

Thank you, Lord, I slept better last night. No lights doing strange things. No foggy head (no more than usual anyway) or fuzzy eyes today. I woke up when T came to bed and a couple times other than that but always went right back to sleep. Until the cats started their mess. Misty and Sanome do not get along. Misty was here first and she thinks she is end all, be all. She doesn't think she should have to share anything. She goes through times where she attacks Sano for no apparent reason. Sano does nothing to provoke her. Other times she's just fine and they stay out of each other's way. They are both spayed so I wouldn't think it was hormonal, but one has to wonder. Anyway, they woke us up early Thur morning doing the hissy, growly, cat fight thing. I hollered to them to "fight nice" but Misty attacked again. Misty spent Thur night outside and then they woke us up early this morning doing the hissy fight again. I figured I had to save Sanome so I got up and stubbed my toe. When Misty heard me coming she slunk across the office floor and got in the window sill. I picked her up by the scruff of the neck and headed to the door with her. When I walked by the cat box the smell hit me and I realized that Misty had attacked while Sano was using the litter box. Oh, nasty! Sano got two little plops on the floor and some smeared down the side of the dryer. These are not my cats mind you. They are the girls cats. They cleaned up the mess. My cat was outside being a good boy. We love Misty and she has such a great personality. You couldn't ask for a better cat-unless she's try to kill Sano.

We went out to eat after church today. We don't do that a lot because we just don't have a lot of spending money. My mom left a message on T's cell phone that the goat was in with the horses and did we do that on purpose or did she get out on her own? She was not supposed to be in with the horses so we watched for her on the way up the driveway. Sure enough, there she was out in the pasture following Bridget around. We called out to her and she looked at us. I asked what she was doing out there with Bridget and she looked up at Bridget, like she knew who I was talking about. We'd call her and she'd start to come and then Bridget would walk away and Lillybet would follow the horse. Bridget kicked at her once or twice and Lillybet just thought it was part of the game. This little goat has never been sure if she's a human or a dog, but she knows she's not a goat. Now she thinks she is a horse! R finally got "houdini" rounded up an we have her doing some landscaping in the back/side yard. She clears out anything green from about 3 feet down. R is working on the pen, again.

I'm going to try to get a post done on A later today. R was going to take some pics but is now working on the goat pen. We'll see if they get any pics made. Such is life in the zoo.

Amy

No comments: