Wednesday, January 9, 2008

Adoption feelings

We've been busy getting ready for our church's 10th Anniversary celebration this Sunday. It's good that I've been busy because it helps keep my mind occupied. I've been doing okay with the wait the last couple of weeks even with the news about wrong file numbers and missing second legal stamps. Until yesterday when I saw a pic of J when we first started the adoption process. He was just a little boy and now he looks so much older. He is so much older. I thought about all the time with him that we've had robbed from us. It broke me down and I cried for the time that should have been ours together. Isn't that just like satan to try and rob us of everything good? he's such a jerk. But God is in control. He has a plan. Plans to prosper us. Plans to work things together for our good. ~ My problems and frustrations were brought into perspective when I "cyber met" these people. http://www.cfhusband.blogspot.com/ I learned about them from another one of the moms adopting from the same O that we are. A friend of hers roomed with Tricia's sister in college. This is a young woman with cystic fibrosis who was being put on the lung transplant list but then she found out she was pregnant. The pregnancy has taken a toll on her body and they had to put her on a ventilator and take the baby at only 6 months along. The baby weighs 1 lb. 6 oz. and her momma has been asleep since she was born. Pray for these people. I feel a kinship of sorts with them maybe because Tricia was adopted and maybe because Nate is a worship leader. I don't know. But here is a family where two members are fighting for their lives. A husband and father whose wife and child are in critical condition. Our son is not with us but he is happy and healthy. I thank God for that.
Amy

3 comments:

Family by Love said...

Thanks for sharing about Tricia. It is amazing how God can use others to remind us of Him.

Lysa TerKeurst said...

Yes, a dose of perspective will always help our problems become less and our thankfullness become more. Thanks for sharing!

CFHusband said...

Thank you!