Saturday, January 5, 2008

We're baaaack

Wow, I just got finished catching up on the blogosphere. A bunch of stuff going on with a lot of people.

We had a very nice few days with my family. R got to ski for the first time compliments of her uncle. She actually made it down the hill once without falling. She took out two different people on two separate occasions. She was sliding on her butt, hollering at them to look out when she took them out. My nephew has been skiing before but when he tried a different run he said he went down it the first time on his back. He also said he went faster on his back than he did the other times on his skis. Too funny. We celebrated my parent's 45th Anniversary and my 40th birthday. We rode go-karts, played laser tag, shopped, played more games, sang and played guitar, and laughed a lot. A has a confirmed nickname now. It ends in "nator" (think the "Terminator") since she passed all of us up in the go-karting. She says it's all the Need for Speed video games that make her so good at it. She can try for her learner's permit in Feb. We are scared.

It's good to be home. I missed my bed with the touch foam mattress pad. Our cats were very busy (or maybe stir crazy) while we were gone. One of them left a present near the end of our bed. Judging by the skid marks on the carpet it was a dangler that needed help letting go. One of them left a hairball in the dining room. Rugs were scattered, things were tipped over. Yes, they were very busy indeed.

I'll post pics when I can. I need to make some dinner as the natives are restless. I also need to unload my new flatware from the dish washer. Yay! I've been hunting for it for about six months and was able to find it at an outlet for a better price than I've seen anywhere. With Christmas and birthday money from multiple sources I was able to get what I really wanted. I'm so excited.

The only thing that would have made the trip better was to have been able to share it with our son. No news yet. Sigh...
Amy

No comments: