Friday, January 18, 2008

The good, the bad and the ugly

The good news is we are a two vehicle household again. Thank God for that. T got the part for the Jeep yesterday and it was the wrong one. I had been talking to a co-worker about our car saga and mentioned that our friend who helped us so much this week had said something about some clips being broken. He said he had some of those clips but I told him that T had ordered the part. As soon as we got home yesterday T went out to put the new part on. He was back in the house in no time saying it didn't fit. Then he said the weird thing was he had to buy this whole stupid part when it was just the clips that were broken and then it didn't fit. I told him that our friend had said he had some of those clips. T called him, drove over and got them and had them on in no time. Problem solved. Not quite. It wouldn't start so he could take it for a test drive. Apparently there is some electrical thingy that tells the starter if the vehicle is in park. The electrical thingy is confused, or broken. T figured out which part of it was confused and kind of by-passed it for now. It started fine and they used it this morning to go to work/school. Hopefully that is the end of the vehicle saga for now. Thank God for a hubby who thinks outside of the box.

The bad news is we still haven't heard a thing about our adoption process.

The ugly is the way I feel about not hearing anything. I didn't get real flustered about the cars this week. I trusted that God could take care of us whatever happened with them. It could have seriously blown my week apart but for some reason I found it funny. They are things, but J is a human being. If I can trust God about the cars why can't I trust that He is doing His best for J? I am so seriously sick of the adoption process that I want to scream. I want to lay on the floor and kick and scream and throw a hissy fit. But no one is home so it wouldn't do much good. God is the only one who would see and He seems to respond the same way I responded when my kids threw a fit. He doesn't buy it. It doesn't move Him. Why does this have to be so hard? How is it possibly good? I don't know the answers to those questions and it drives me nuts. I so desperately want to hear some good news. I need to hear some good news. It's Friday and every week that goes by with no news is harder and harder to bear.

I guess that in my recent life theme of "praising God anyway" I need to think of some things to be thankful for. Let's see. Both cars are running. Smart hubby. Kids that got good report cards and helped out when needed. Mrs. H is feeling pretty good considering she has gall stones. We're all relatively healthy. Friends and family who helped out with rides, cars, etc. this week. It was pay week X2 (T and I both got paid this week-he gets paid once a month). We have clothes to wear and a house to clean. Down comforters-I had no idea how wonderful they were until I tried one. Tricia and Gwyneth are doing well (check them out at www.cfhusband.blogspot.com or link is under my blogs that I read). I no longer have tears streaming down my face from writing the previous paragraph. See, being thankful helps.

1 comment:

Family by Love said...

I am right there with you. That laying on the floor and kicking and screaming sounds really tempting today. I am still praying.