Wednesday, January 23, 2008

The change, subject to plan

Remember in my last post I said I'd be going to school today to teach the two abstinence classes that I didn't get to teach on Tuesday because school closed early due to weather. I said this was "the change subject to plan." Ha! They called school here before we even went to bed last night. We all slept in and then T went to the office to work in peace, without interuptions and the girls and I went shopping. Oh yeah, shopping was definitely more fun than school. We got a prom dress for R off of the $25 rack at a bridal shop. How cool is that? It fits her really well, too. She just wants to tweak a little here and there. She picked out 10-12 dresses and narrowed it down to about 4, then 2, and this one really looks good on her. It was between a blue and a pink. She tends to go with blue as it really sets off her eyes but the pink was the clear winner (after trying them back on, again). It's simple, but elegant. And it was $25! I'm so thankful that both of my girls like to shop for a bargain. They don't mind shopping the sales racks or at consignment stores. A even likes to go to thrift stores with me. R doesn't like the thrift stores very well but she will shop for bargains. They are both kind of picky about clothes (I don't even try to figure out what they would like or dislike) but neither of them have ever said they only wanted a certain brand of clothing or that they had to shop at a certain store. They have never asked me to pay an outrageous price for something either. I'm so thankful for that.

No adoption news yet today. Sigh...

2 comments:

Danielsen5 said...

Hi Amy. I didn't realize you had a blog until recently. I too have been blogging (bethannsblessings@blogspot.com) and wondered if I could put a link on mine to yours? I am not good at this, so may not be able to figure out how. But glad I found you. Blessings, B. Danielsen from C.C.C. (danielsen5@yahoo.com)

My PROVERBS Beauties said...

love reading your posts. I have started recently only 3 or so posts. I need to get to the place emotionally that i can just write what my heart is saying and not wonder what people who read it will think of me. just realize that it is an outlet for me and hopefully someone will glean something good from it,
love, Betty