Sunday, January 20, 2008

Sunday, a day of rest

Whew, we made it through the week. What a wild week it was. I post a prayer list for our orphanage each week on our yahoo group. I always put a verse in it. This week I put parts of Psalm 34 and I'll share it here too. (multiple verses) “I will extol the Lord at all times; His praise will always be on my lips. My soul will boast in the Lord; let the afflicted hear and rejoice. Glorify the Lord with me; let exalt His name together. I sought the Lord and He answered me; He delivered me from all my fears…The angel of the Lord encamps around those who fear Him, and He delivers them. Taste and see that the Lord is good; blessed is the man who takes refuge in Him…The eyes of the Lord are on the righteous and His ears are attentive to their cry…The righteous cry out, and the Lord hears them; He delivers them from all their troubles. The Lord is close to the brokenhearted and saves those who are crushed in spirit…” I thought it was fitting for multiple reasons. One is the resounding theme in my life right now to "praise God anyway" and this passage definitely covers that. Another thing I found fitting is that I feel "afflicted" in this adoption process. I love that it says the Lord is attentive to my cry and that He "saves those who are crushed in spirit." I am definitely brokenhearted and crushed in spirit. In retrospect, maybe it's not such a bad place to be. This passage says that God is good and that He works in those situations. I say, "Go for it, God!"

I have to say Happy Birthday to my cousin, D! Her birthday was yesterday. We were like sisters in our very early years.

R got to talk to J on skype today. She said he was very talkative and sang her a song. He was cutting up and making jokes and he asked for some blue tennis shoes, size 6. Yeah, right. The kid does not have a size 6 foot. Goofy thing. I missed him because I was visiting at my parent's house with a Haitian pastor and friends and family. We had a nice visit though. A couple that was there adopted from Guatemala. They started their process a few months before we did and their son has been home for almost a year now.

Please pray with several of us that are so close to bringing our kids home from the same O but we can't seem to move forward with the process. It's so heartbreaking. We're praying that this is a week of lots of breakthrough and forward movement. Sometimes I'm not sure God is listening to me anymore but then I think about Tricia and Gwyneth and it encourages me to keep going, to keep praying. Thanks. And now I think I'll rest.