Friday, January 11, 2008

ADD teenager and cats play fighting

I've always suspected that A has ADD. Not the hyper type, just ADD. Everything I read about it when she was little told me that she had it. We even had her tested once and they just didn't see it. The things that I read when she was in 2nd and 3rd grade said that a lot of ADD girls are never diagnosed because they don't have the hyper-active part that boys tend to have. It also said that it's not usually "caught" until they are in high school and have more responsibility and stuff that they have to keep up with. Hello, that is A. Most of the lower grades she's gotten in high school are due to not being able to find the homework that she did or just forgetting to do it. I can ask her multiple times about something and it still won't get done. Today my ADD child came home and said "500 dots". That's it. Just 500 dots. I looked at her like, what are you talking about and she said, "I have 500 dots on my finger" and showed them to me. I asked her how she knew she had 500 dots and she said she counted them as she put them on there. I asked which class she was in while she did that. It was geography (her daddy knew before he even asked which class she was in when she did it). Apparently her and her friend E (hi E!) wondered how many dots they could fit on one finger. I just said, "Please tell me you didn't use permanent marker." Here are 500 dots; top...

...and bottom. That's T's child.

The cats do a lot of play fighting. It usually starts with a slap of the paw...
...and proceeds to full blown wrestling. Goofy animals.

That's the news for now. Have you been keeping up with Tricia and Gwyneth at www.cfhusband.blogspot.com ?

1 comment:

Family by Love said...

That's quite the finger. The cats look they enjoy each other. Ours have been running races through the house lately. They are quite funny.