Sunday, September 20, 2009

Some-"ting" stinks

I opened up The Container formerly known as Sacajemama to get the broom out so J could sweep off the trampoline and the smell about bowled me over. Heavens to Murgatroid it stunk in there. I figured horrible smells that might have something to do with camper plumbing or something dead needed to be handled by the man of the house. I reported the smell to T and he investigated when he got home. Turns out a mouse died in the garbage can and another one was in there with it. Stink-a-rooskie. T took care of it, or them, and I'm sure that all his gag reflexes were working overtime.

You know we've had some bedwetting issues. I was tucking J in last night when both of us started smelling pee from somewhere. We were both sniffing pillows, blankets, etc. and it turned out to be a stuffed animal. Yuck. That animal will be taking a bath in the washer.

J continues to crack us up with things he says. He is using mostly English but he doesn't always know the right word so just inserts random words or something that sounds close to the right thing. He's not the only one here who does that so he's in good company. T and A both do that and they grew up here speaking English. I have trouble coming up with the correct nouns sometimes due to fibromyalgia. My brain will insert a word and I know it's not right but I can't think of the right one. R is the only one who regularly knows what she's talking about. We've all learned to laugh at it. J was playing wii last night and he said his heart was "beeping". Too funny. He announced at dinner last night that he had to leave the table so he could toot. He went in the other room and then said, "Dat was a weird one." We were like, thanks for reporting, son.

2 comments:

Family by Love said...

Thanks for sharing the stories. The one about leaving to toot cracked me up. Boys and gas lead to a lot of funny stories.

Cheryl said...

Amy, my kids came home at a much earlier age than yours did and still say the funniest things. When my daughter says the wrong thing, she still says 'sorry that was a mistakement.'

Thanks for sharing your blog site on HFH