Thursday, September 17, 2009

The good, the bad, and the funny

Well, last night was not so good. J enjoyed church but he wanted to stay with me while I practiced music but it was getting late and we had decided that it was best for him to go home with T and the girls. He had a meltdown. We're working on that. I think a good compromise will be that he goes home earlier with T and the girls and gets ready for bed but he can stay awake until I get home. That's pretty much what happened only we'd like to try it explained out ahead of time and without the meltdown.

Tonight was much better. We had fun. We made his homework fun. He was laying on the couch waiting to watch a movie with the girls and I told him ahead of time that he was going to have to go to bed before the movie was over. He was fine with that and didn't complain at all. While he was waiting, he said, "After my birfday, den we will go to de, de...I can't remember dat place. Oh, da beach. Cadico (or calico) beach." I said, "You mean Edisto Beach. And where will we sleep when we go to the beach?" and he said, "In de container!" T and I cracked up! He was laughing to and saying what, what? I said, "It's actually called a camper but I kind of like container." He may have just re-named Sacajamama to The Container. Hysterical!

When he and A got home from school, A instigated throwing grapes up in the air to see if they could catch them in their mouths. Here are a few pics. I like this one because they are both leaned back, mouths open. Can you see A's grape? His is almost in his mouth.
Here is J going for the catch.
And A going for the catch.

Much more fun than last night. Thank you, Jesus.

1 comment:

Family by Love said...

I understand the meltdown drama. I continue to pray for you guys. The grape catching pictures looked like they were having fun. I like to see them bonding.