Sunday, September 27, 2009

B'day week begins

J's birthday is this week. We began the celebration tonight with my family. His favorite gift by far is the $1 helium filled mylar balloon. Who would have thought a balloon could bring ecstatic joy?!? My parents brought it to him and I never even thought about it but to a kid who has never seen a balloon that floats up by itself, WOW! He couldn't figure out why we weren't as excited as he was but he didn't care. The balloon went to the bathroom with him, brushed teeth with him and is now wearing an undershirt and "sleeping" next to J on a pillow bed with a blanket.

He also got some High school musical dvd's and some money and a gift card. That brought a smile to his face. Remember the debit card story? He is happy to have his own debit card even if it's only a single use card.

We read the new books he got before bed and we saved a few gifts for his real birthday. I think I'll be sending him some balloons at school too.

We were sitting at the table talking and playing with some Bibleman figures and he stood up and said he was going to go "cheat wif de girls". I looked at T and asked, did he say "cheat" with the girls? And T said, I think he means "chat". He's so funny.

I'll post some pics when I can.

1 comment:

Family by Love said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY J!!!!!!!!!!!!! I hope you continue to have a fabulous birthday!!