Monday, September 7, 2009

Labor day weekend

Well, I worked yesterday afternoon and all day today and it was nice to do something "normal" for me. Our check book will appreciate it too. T and J had a big day together. J was laughing so hard about something he saw on the Cosby show that he could hardly tell us the story. T said he laughed so hard when he was watching it that he nearly wet his pants. The girls had gone shopping together so that's why it was just T and J.

J has been swimming just about every day. He was afraid to jump in at first. It was so funny because he would run up to the pool and stop. Then he'd run up to the pool and stop. Over and over. I told him to jump off the step so he would know what it would feel like and he jumped off the second step. Then he backed way up and went for it and he came up sputtering and shouting, "That was so fun!" And then he jumped again and again. Nothing can stop him now. Too bad it will be too cold to swim soon. The pool is cold enough now that I won't even get in. It doesn't deter him.

He did well at church yesterday. I went with him to his Sunday school class and close to the end of it he told me I could go. Too funny. Then he sat with his daddy in the sound booth. You should have seen his face light up when he saw all the buttons and switches up there! He loves buttons and switches and I'm having to tell him not to push, turn, pull stuff without asking. He turned the lights off at church from the sound booth before I could stop him. The pastor introduced him from the front and he waved down at everyone from his perch in the sound booth. It was quite cute.

He is not good at interacting with other adults. He does fine with us and is getting better with my parents but if others ask him a question he generally gives a blank stare or a quiet one word answer. He does fine with other kids and is looking forward to going to school.

T went to a walk in clinic on Saturday and was dx'd with an upper respiratory infection. I need to go tomorrow because I've had this cold thing since I've been home and because I have a white spot on my tonsil, except that I haven't had tonsils for over 30 years. I guess it's where my tonsil used to be. Or something. And yeah, my throat feels a little weird. Sorry for those of you who know us in person. I hope I haven't given my "ghost tonsil spots" to anyone. Sleeping has been rough for T and I because about the time I'm falling asleep, he coughs and wakes us both back up. Sigh...

R is doing okay with her bf going off to boot camp. She missed his call on Friday and was upset about that as that was the last contact for a few weeks. She is liking most of her classes this semester and especially her Hebrew class. T is jealous that R is taking Hebrew.

A is liking school. She'd like to get a job but has only applied a couple places so far. Her nanny still pays her quite well but once the lawn mowing is done there won't be as much work to do. J said he would like to work for nanny. If A gets a job I'm sure J can take over most the work. He's a good helper. A hasn't tried out for any plays lately. She has driven herself to school a couple of times and seems to like that. One day she drove herself to school we didn't see her again until 7:30 or so. 12 hours! She had planned most of the stuff she did and kept us posted as to where she was so it was okay.

T's aunt passed away this morning. She suffered with several ailments over the years and rarely complained and she is now fully healed and in the presence of God and reunited with her daughter who went before her. Aunty L, see you on the other side.

Oh, I almost forgot. J just got to see his first hail storm. He wanted to hold some of the "little ice rain" but I couldn't pick any up. Oh well.

P.S. We had dry night number 2 last night. Woo hoo!

No comments: