Sunday, September 13, 2009

Pics and some more firsts

Overall, things are going pretty good. J is mostly easy going and compliant. Sometimes he's compliant without really wanting to be, but he still is. At school Friday they informed me that he was a bit mischievous. Like I didn't know that. I'm glad he's comfortable enough to let his personality come out some but I hope they figure out how to control it. He had no homework over the weekend so that makes us all happy.

He had some more firsts again and I got some pics this time. This is at a small discovery center.
Just in case you were wondering, Dexter still stares at the treat door. He knows if he stares long enough, it will open. And J has given him up to 6 treats at a time so Dexter likes J.
This is one of those pics where we tried to crop it down and blow it up. The cropping worked but we haven't gotten it blown up yet.

He LOVES the pool. Even if it's too cold for me he'll still go in. I know his scrawny little Caribbean body freezes but he loves the pool. He was jumping into the ring and making it nearly every time.

My dad showed him how to fill up the noodles with water and blow them at people/things. He showed him how by pointing one end towards J's face and telling him to blow into the other end. J figured that out fast. It takes a lot of air to blow them things.


There he's got it.

We went to the drive-in theater the other night. It was his first movie on the big screen, first icy, and first cotton candy. That's a lot of firsts in one night. T turned the backseat around and the three boys (some friends came too) sat in there. Good times!

It's working out well for both he and I to be on antibiotics at the same time. We take our meds together, one, two, three, go and then we get candy. We're both happy with that. J likes to eat yogurt which is a good thing since we are on antibiotics. He also loves pizza, pepperoni, salami sandwiches, broccoli of all things, eggs, pastas with red sauce and just about any kind of meat. He refers to all meat as chicken. He's not big on cheesy stuff/sauces but he likes cheetos. He turns his nose up at most vegetables but is at least willing to try it if we ask him to. One night he tried what we were eating and then opted for peanut butter sandwich. That's the deal around here. If you don't eat what we're all eating, you have peanut butter and jelly.
We've had 4 or 5 dry nights since we've been home. I thank God for dry nights. Ah, the simple things in life.

3 comments:

Family by Love said...

Looks like he is having a lot of fun. I hope you both continue to feel better. Matthew loves our pool and doesn't care if it is cold. We went in tonight. Matthew was swimming underwater and everything. I stood there and supervised. Then once I was finally adjusted to the cold, I ended up with Kevin in my arms. So I didn't get to swim, but enjoyed Kevin and Matthew. I couldn't believe that Kevin stayed in and ended up getting soaked. He was splashing Matthew. Maybe next summer we can come visit and the boys can all swim together.

Amy said...

Come on!
Amy

Chapter Two said...

Looks like J's is having lots of fun. Love the pics!

Hugs and prayers,
K