Tuesday, September 15, 2009

Livin' life

Things are going pretty well. J had a small meltdown at school yesterday because "there's too much work". I'm sure he's not used to all the writing involved in US schools. He also presses hard with his pencil so I told him to shake his hand out or stretch it out when it gets tired. We tried his spelling words in cornmeal tonight and he loved it. I got that idea from Lysa TerKuerst and he only got one word wrong, and that was only by one letter. He kept saying, "We are playing in food" with a smile on his face. I need to get real cornmeal though as I got cornbread mix and it's very flour like.

He told me that some boys squished his food at lunch time. That's frustrating when things were going so well at school. Speaking of food, he ate 3 bowls of chili tonight, more than anyone else including T. Wowzer!

R is adjusting to her school routine and to her bf being gone to boot camp. She had a little hiccup with her book process but things are back on track now. Please remember to pray for R and her bf as they are apart and as bf is trying to adapt to military life. It would help if she could get his address as she has a 20+ page letter to send him. We're still waiting to find out the address.

A has been busy. She saw some bracelets made out of silverware and has been busy pounding out old silverware. Here are a few of her creations. We really like the way the fork turned out.
J has become a regular hillbilly, sitting on the front porch with the dog and strumming his guitar.
Hey cutie patutie.

4 comments:

Chapter Two said...

Cool jewelery! What a creative daughter.

About school--it appears J has more English than did my kids (zero) but we had to talk with teachers about accommodations. Fewer spelling words, fewer pages in Science, etc. Still do. The kids were on overload; much more to process all day than their classmates (not just academics). Eventually, we could (and can) see when they are getting overloaded and that's when we call on teachers again.'Just our experience.

Hugs,
K

Family by Love said...

I'll pray that things work out a little smoother at school. Make sure you keep in contact with the school. As a teacher, I know that most school staff try to work with students in unique or difficult situations, but we sometimes need to be reminded or given some suggestions. I'm hoping that Michael's second shot at preschool will go better than the last one. He starts on Monday.
I love the silverware bracelets. The fork one is beautiful. J looks so happy. I am thrilled for you guys.

Cheryl said...

Is your daughter selling some of that jewelry??? I would be interested in buying some. I love the look of the old silverware.

Amy said...

Cheryl, so far A is just making the jewelry for herself and her friends and family. I'll let you know if she decides to sell any.
Amy