Thursday, September 24, 2009

Firsts and funnies

J had some more firsts today. He rode the bus home for the first time. Big sis was on it already and they got off together and bigger sis was there to meet them. This was the first day that I was not here when he got home. He did fine.

He also got to ride the lawn mower today too. He's been wanting to do that for a while. He came home from my parent's doing this fakey cry and saying that he wanted to ride the little car. I asked what little car and he said that little bitty car that A was riding. I explained that it was not a little car, that it was a lawn mower. He didn't really get it. My dad had told him that he would give him a ride when A was done mowing. Because he had to wait is why he was doing the fake cry thing. He got over himself when he saw that no one paid him any attention. As soon as A was done, he got his ride. Now he wants a little bitty car to drive for his birthday. Sigh...

The other day I had just started cooking some ground beef and he saw it and said, "AHHH! What is dat?!? It is worms!" I laughed and said it was ground beef and he said, "What is 'ground beef'?" I told him it was meat, like chicken, only beef and ground up. Thankfully I had already seasoned it because the kid smells everything. His nose is his guage as to whether or not he will eat something, touch something, etc. He took a whiff and said, "It smell good. I can taste it?" We went from ahh, worms, to I can taste it? in a matter of about 30 seconds.

He missed a lot of math problems today and he was to redo them for his homework. He seems to understand how to work the problems, he's just painfully slow at it and he gets lazy and makes mistakes. When he does the problems he "talks" to the numbers. He says, "I borrow one from you, 5. You are left 4. Now, you are 16. 16 to 9, you are left 7." He's so funny.

1 comment:

Family by Love said...

I'm glad things went well for his bus ride. I understand the fits about waiting. Michael absolutely cannot stand being told he has to wait for anything. He is also very possessive. He threw a hammer at a girl at Lowe's today because he thought she picked up "his" hammer instead of her own. Both hammers belonged to the store and were identical. So he had a screaming and flailing fit because he couldn't do his project anymore. It sounds like J doesn't go quite to that extreme so I am glad.