Tuesday, October 30, 2007

Whew! One bite at a time

Everyone but T overslept this morning. I never even heard the alarm go off but I usually get up a few minutes after T anyway so no biggy for me. Both girls however fell back asleep. R did not get home until after 11 last night due to play practice. We may have to talk to them about that since she still has a curfew on her driver's license. Besides that fact that it was a school night. She asked me to feed the goat this morning but I needed to get into the shower and get ready for my abstinence classes. I think everyone got fed.

My classes went great. They are small classes, only 12 students in each. Great teacher (the classroom teacher, not me) and great kids. It makes this fun. So that was a good start to the day. I went and had my blood test to see if the liver function and thyroid have returned to normal and then picked up a few things for the Hallelujah Harvest party. We did get quite a few things set up last night too, so that helps. T got his hay bales set up with the help of my dad and a friend. He will cover it so it's dark in there. Then we give the kids one of those glowing bracelets to "see" their way through the maze.

T talked to his aunt and uncle and they are coming Thursday, not Tuesday. That eases things up for tonight. B and B, it's not that we don't want to see you it's just that Thursday works a lot better for us than Tuesday. Now I just have to get R to her eye doc appointment and get a few things at the store. I think the few things will include one of those roasted chickens. Oh, yes. So that takes care of dinner. A will still go to her friend's house as they are both in the play together and they can get her to practice.

Last night I was stressed about the party and how we were going to get everything done. Today feels a lot better. I'm actually getting excited about the party. Last night it just felt like a chore. What a difference a day makes.

For some reason Sanome is laying on my hands as I'm trying to type. I've typed some interesting things that way. I think she missed me last week. Okay, cat has got to go. That's better.

We still have not heard any news about the adoption paperwork. We did hear from the O directors and they said they had a lot of rain and some wind from the tropical storm and the roads are very muddy but it's not too bad where they are. Their administrative assistant wasn't able to get to work because of the roads but everyone is fine. I'm sure the storm is why we weren't able to talk to J on Sunday. I guess we'll try again this week.
Amy

Later Thursday edit; R's eye doc was running 45 minutes late. Sigh...I ran to return something while she was at the appointment. The traffic on that side of town at that time of day is awful. I nearly got hit twice and nearly hit someone else. Then we ran to the store and decided to "divide and conquer" our list. Ha! Divide and conquer? It was more like the store kicked our butts. There were people everywhere and nothing could be found. I had about 3 things in my cart when R called and said, "I've got my stuff. Where are you?" It turns out she had the wrong size tights for herself and had to go back and get some different ones. They didn't have her size and someone even went and looked in the back for her. Nope. The ones she got are like 2 sizes too big and I hope they stay on her. We did get one of those chickens and she ate some on the way home because we weren't even home yet and she was already late for play practice. Being the rednecks that we are she pitched the chicken leg out the window. Don't worry, we are responsible "pitchers" and only throw biodegradable things and we actually look to make sure no one is behind us.

She went to play practice and T and I ate together and then went and picked up A and her friend and they helped cover up the hay bale maze. This is the best maze yet. The girls tried it out after they got it covered and loved it. I need to charge the camera batteries and clear the memory stick because tomorrow promises to be interesting. I know what I'm dressing up as and I know what a couple others are dressing up as. Our rule for dressing up for the Hallelujah Harvest Party are that it can't be scary or evil or negative and it can't cover up the face, like a mask. As long as I stay away from the store and the "other" side of town where all the bad traffic is, I'm geared up and ready for the party. Party hearty, y'all!

No comments: