Sunday, October 28, 2007

Hit the ground running

Weeeerrrree baaaaaack. T just got home from a church meeting. R is still at play practice. One of her plays opens Friday and the other play that both kids are in (different casts-don't make it easy on mom now) opens next week. I'm working Monday and teaching on Tuesday. R has an eye doc appointment on Tuesday. I think T's aunt and uncle are visiting that day. I'm preparing for our Hallelujah Harvest Party at our church on Wed. evening. T has to find and haul about 30 bales of hay for his famous Hay Bale Maze and then get them set up. He does a different lay out each year. I think this is the 4th year in a row for this party. I have to organize people to work about 20 different booths/games and set up/clean up. Calgon, take me away. Oh wait, I just got back.

All the critters were still alive when we got home. The goat seems a little depressed but all the others are happy campers and can't figure out why we don't give them treats everytime we look at them like those other people did. The horse had a little trouble with one foot and our capable caretakers wrapped it up for her. She seems better. Maybe R can check it out better tomorrow between school and play practice.

We are so frustrated with the adoption process. I know God is in control and has a plan and all that but it hurts to hope at this point. We've been in MOI for 5 months now. This is insane. It's cruel and inhuman punishment and I don't know why we're being punished. The worst part is that we're one file of many. It doesn't make me feel better knowing that we're not the only ones, it makes me feel awful for all of us who are waiting. I wonder what's going through the mind of our son, if he wonders if he's done something bad that we won't come and get him. He asks us every time we talk when we're coming to get him. We didn't get to talk to him today. I'm not sure why. I hope he doesn't blame us. I don't understand how this is good. I don't understand the process. I'm not sure I ever will in this life. I wish that the "powers that be" in Haiti understood how bad this hurts.

I better run in a different vein for a while. I made Haitian Soup JouMou today. A asked for it. It does have a pumpkin base but is really more like a vegetable soup. We're eating it today and tomorrow since I won't have time to make anything tomorrow. If there's any left after that I'll freeze it for when J gets here so he'll have something he's familiar with. I'm going to get the abstinence supplies out this evening too so I'm ready for Tuesday. That way we can work on Harvest party stuff Monday night and hopefully visit with T's family or watch a dress rehearsal of R's play on Tuesday evening. Run, run, run. Like I said, we're baaaaack.

1 comment:

Family by Love said...

the adoption process is excruciatiang. i just want our kids to come home. hey, during your busy time, remember to bless the name of our Lord.
ruth