Tuesday, October 16, 2007

Cautiously hopeful

Well, it appears that our file has been found, apparently still in MOI. So it seems that it hasn't gone forward, but neither has it gone backward. I say "it seems" because this is such a crazy process and sometimes you are told you're going forward when you're actually going backward or vice versa. I don't think people are lying to us. Unfortunately, I think it's just that disorganized. It's a third world country where they ran out of passport booklets a couple weeks ago. They just got started printing again this week. Things in another office came to a standstill one time because the rubber stamp broke. Rubber has a tendency to disintegrate in the Haitian heat and humidity. Apparently our lawyer is meeting with MOI on Thursday again and our file is one of four from our O that will be discussed. So we are cautiously hopeful for good news. Stay tuned.

1 comment:

The Tall Frys & Small Frys said...

Oh Amy,
I'm so hopeful for you! I understand the cautious optimism, but oh what a relief to know your file didn't not slip backward. I hope I'm not too late to pray for your lawyer's meeting today, but will this moment.
:) Kristie