Thursday, October 18, 2007

Thursday again

It's Thursday again and we haven't heard any news yet. We had weird car problems today. I have heard that the lawyer is going to MOI tomorrow. It's not clear if she went today and is going again tomorrow or if it got delayed until tomorrow. It's Haiti. Maybe no one knows for sure. The car issues went something like this; T got up and took our van and went to work. The girls got up and took the Jeep and went to school. I got in the shower where I remembered that the only key I had for my parent's house so I could get their van to drive to work was in OUR van. T turned around and brought the key back to me. And then went back to work. I got in my parents van and went to meet T at the garage that was doing our tire rotation and balance. He took me to work and took my parent's van. On our lunch break he took me back over to get our van. He took our van and I took my parent's van. Are you still with me? It gets better. At 2:45 I get a call at work from R saying the Jeep won't start. I told her the usual, wiggle the shifter, put it in neutral, etc. but it still wouldn't start. I told her she called the wrong parent that this was something for her daddy to deal with. At 2:50 I get a call from T that he's going to "rescue" the girls and take the Jeep and get a battery in it. He does take it and get said battery and then takes it to where they are practicing their plays and painting sets. He takes our van back to work and finishes up there. Then he takes our van home and changes the oil so we're ready for our vacation. Oh honey, are we ready for our vacation! I bring parent's van home after work and T gets the oil changed in ours. Something was loose under there where the oil filter is which explains the oil leak. Thank God that he found that and I'm so thankful for a hubby who knows how to work on vehicles. Other than getting the girls to clean out their mess the van is ready to be packed and go. T was able to move the middle seats back a notch which will enable the girls to have their own seats without their parents in their laps. T sits and leans way back when he drives and I lay the seat back when we travel because of the fibro pain. Parent's car is back in their garage. Girls are not home yet so we don't know if the Jeep will start or not. I'll keep you posted. Ha!

Friday morning edit; The Jeep did start and they got home, finally. A took and shower in their bathroom and R took one in ours. At 10:10 p.m. A announces that she has an "egg drop" project due this morning. Ah! They make something to try to keep an egg from breaking when it's dropped from the school roof. Definitely something for T to help with. After some tears on A's part they got an idea together and made a cage of sorts. Then I asked if A also had an article due. Yes, she did. Yes, I think we all need a break. I went to bed but got up when the cat started "talking" to us. It literally sounded like he was trying to form words. Weird. Then he started heaving and A and T started gagging too. Wimps. I had to get up and clean up the mess. T cleaned up the second wave about 10 minutes later. Yeah, it was a fun night. We didn't get that much rain but thankfully the storms went around us. T said at one point there were tornado warnings in the counties around us but nothing here. Thank God for that.

1 comment:

The Tall Frys & Small Frys said...

Hi, Amy,
I just wanted to let you know I'm still praying for your files and MOI. If you had an update, I'm sure you'd post it. 'Praying for strength, peace and deliverance.
I hope your cars are in working order too!
Best,
mrs. TALL fry