Thursday, October 11, 2007

Thursday

I keep sitting here waiting for the bomb to drop. We've had two Thursdays in a row of bad news. So far, so good today. Of course when the guy fell of the 20 story building as he passed each floor he said, "So far, so good." We'll see what happens.

No pics today. They didn't dress up. It was a beautiful day. I usually work on Thur so it was kind of weird to be home. I washed the van, vacuumed it, armor alled it and used leather care on the seats. It may be 8 years old and have almost 200K miles on it but it is looking good. I drove real slow up the driveway after getting A but it's so dry that there was still dust on it when we got back. Sigh...I nearly hyperventilated and passed out trying to blow the dust off the back. Guess what else. I have fibromyalgia and I am painfully aware of that fact at the moment. Maybe I'll treat myself to a whole muscle relaxer tonight. :)

Due to my height, or lack thereof, I keep a stool in my kitchen at the end of my "bay" counter. Most people find it by tripping over it. A lot of times I sit on it and Dexter jumps into my lap for a few minutes. Today I stepped up on it and sat/leaned on the counter instead and Dexty saw me and decided to jump into my lap. The problem was my lap was not there. He looked rather surprised when he slid down my legs. I love the nonchalantness that cats have. He acted like he meant to do that as he walked away. Of course I had to pick up my Dexty and snuggle him.

I made the first chili of the season and it is good, even if I do say so myself. Isn't it funny how we cook differently in the summer verses the winter? When A saw the big pot she asked when we were going to have pumpkin soup again. I have a good recipe for Haitian Pumpkin soup or "soup joumou". It's not pureed pumpkin like cream of tomato but a hearty vegetable soup with pumpkin base. Good stuff. My mom can't get past the pumpkin part and I'm not sure if she's ever tried it but everyone else thinks it's good. Well, the laundry is calling once again. I better go.

1 comment:

The Tall Frys & Small Frys said...

Still praying for you and your case, Amy!
It looks like the girls had great fun this week!
Also, I'd love to have your Haitian pumpkin soup recipe if you can share.
Blessings,
Kristie