Friday, October 5, 2007

"Facing the Giants"

This movie was recommended to us by another adopting family. Thanks! I made T rent it today and we were all encouraged by it. It is an excellent movie and should be required viewing for anyone facing giants in their life. The recurring theme in my life these last couple weeks seems to be praise Him anyway. That's so hard. You have to determine ahead of time to praise Him, no matter what. Sometimes it scares me that this process is so hard. I wonder what's in store for us, why we need to be so strong. But maybe for right now I just need to learn to praise God anyway.

4 comments:

Jenny said...

On You Tube, there is the clip of when the coach has the team captain crawling across the field with that kid on his back.

Whenever I need encouragement, I go and watch that part again. I'm getting chills just thinking about it!

(I came here from Sherri's)

Amy said...

Hi Jayleigh, nice to "meet" you. I took a peek at your blog and my parent's 45th anniversary (I think) is today. How cool is that?
Amy

Amy said...

P.S. Yes, that crawling across the field was emotional.
Amy

Family by Love said...

Amy,
I am glad you enjoyed this movie. I have watched it several times now and it speaks to me every time. I am trying to "prepare for rain" as I pray for God to bring our Haitian sons home to us. I know I still need to get some stuff ready for Michael to come home and I have been afraid to finish things for fear that he won't be home this season, but I believe I need to prepare for him to come home now.
Ruth