Thursday, November 1, 2007

Hallelujah pics, etc.

I’ve been working on this post for a couple of days. Everything is so crazy around here and our DSL is so slow that it's hard to upload pics. T’s aunt and uncle did get in late last night. They saw my parents but we haven’t seen them yet because we were at the last dress rehearsal of R’s play that opens tonight. They had some problems with set changes but otherwise it went very well. It’s going to be a good play.

The Hallelujah Harvest party went well too. We gave away 24 cakes in the cake walk. The kids played lots of games and got a lot of candy. The hay bale maze was a big hit again as it always is. It’s funny, we get done and are cleaning up from one and we start planning “next year let’s do this”. We just need to remember to write the ideas down one of these years so we remember for the next year.

No news yet on the adoption front.

I had all this stuff in my head that I wanted to blog about and now it’s just gone. Maybe it will show up again in a later post. So here are some pics from the party in no particular order.

This is one of our deacons dressed up as our elder. They guy shaved the top of his head so he could look like him. Too funny. People kind of knew who he was dressed as but they didn't recognize who he really was. He didn't have a hearing aid (the "elder" is my dad and he uses hearing aids in both ears) so he borrowed this megaphone thing. It was hysterical.


These are my parents, the Rhinestone Cowgirl and the National Ping Pong Champ. On the back of the shirt it says "Gump 01".


That's me over there as Pippi Longstocking. I had the monkey and the mismatched socks and all and people kept calling me Wendy, I guess from the Wendy's commercial.

Close up of Pippi and Mr. Neilson. The red hair dye was fun getting out.


One of the 24 cakes we gave away. This one was shaped like a pumpkin. Very creative.


Another set of "twins".

Here's the other set again.

R doing face painting on a little guy.


R with A sneaking in to the pic.

Hay bale maze without the covering.


The "a-maze-ing" guys.

That's it for now. Gotta run.

No comments: