Friday, November 9, 2007

Taking a breather

Whew! What a crazy week this has been. A has a friend over and the friend fell asleep so A is reading. R is at the theater doing one of her plays. T is in MS on a "short, short-term" mission trip and here I am. We've barely had time to eat and sleep lately. The girls still seem happy about their decisions to do multiple plays. They both seem to thrive on it. R did admit to being a little tired but still says she's enjoying it. A and I took tickets and worked the concessions at last night's play so we got to see most of it. T is doing okay but didn't get much sleep. He's in a room with a couple of snorers. I said they should take turns with the CPAP machine. I actually miss the noise of the CPAP when T is gone. It has a calming, whooshing sound.

The dogs got a hold of the goat's bottle. They chewed the entire top of the bottle off. We can't find the ring or the nipple. Don't worry, we have a back up. The nipple on it is very flimsy though. Should be interesting. Oreo ate a check of mine once. My employer at that time had sent a package of scrap material and a check and the UPS man set it on the floor of the porch. I didn't even know it was there. T found some scrap material in the front yard and asked if I'd been working out there. All the packaging was gone. Every bit of paper was consumed. We had a very expensive dog, for a day or so. I was issued a new check amidst much laughter. This is the dog that brought us a pair of boxer shorts one day but I think I've already told that tale. (punny)

Please pray for us. The adoption wait is so hard. Sometimes it feels too hard to bear. Obviously, no news yet. I know God has a plan and I'm to praise Him even if I don't understand it. I have felt burdened to pray about it more than usual over the past couple of days. I keep 3 little devotional type books and always find it interesting how the one I pick up to read will speak to me so often. One of the books is "My Utmost for His Highest" and I think I read the wrong day today but even that was a God thing. The one I read today which was actually yesterday's was titled "The Unrivaled Power of Prayer" and the verse at the top is Romans 8:26 "We know not what we should pray for as we ought: but the Spirit itself maketh intercession for us with groanings which cannot be uttered." How weird is that? So then I decided to look at what I thought was yesterdays and was actually Wednesday's and it was titled "The Undetected Sacredness of Circumstances". The verse for that one is Romans 8:28 "All things work together for good to them that love God." I don't think I read those by accident. I don't think I got the days mixed up by accident. I think God used those writings for "such a time as this" and they spoke to me what I needed to hear.

I've been leery, or weary of our Thursday prayer days with the other people who are adopting through the same O that we are because we started it out with bad news 3 weeks in a row. Yesterday morning I decided that I was going to praise God, good news, bad news or no news. Guess what? No news. But I did praise God anyway, just like we learned in the movie "Facing the Giants". It's not an easy thing to do but I believe it's the right thing. My flesh wants to scream and holler and cry 'cause let's face it. I'm sick of this waiting. It makes no sense. I don't know how it can possibly be good. But I'm supposed to believe that God has a plan and praise Him anyway. So I do. I praise Him that the kids are healthy. I praise Him for the beautiful colors on the trees. I praise Him for the sunsets that it feels like He painted just for me. I praise Him that the bills are paid (at the moment anyway). I praise Him for the love of a good man, a man who loves God. I praise Him for our goofy critters. I praise Him for a warm bed and for letting us discover down comforters. Life is hard but God is good.
Amy

No comments: