Sunday, November 4, 2007

I know, it's been a few days. Wow, so much has been going on. We went to the last dress rehearsal for R's play Thur. night. They did well and it's a good play but they had several set change issues to work out. R said they got them worked out and Friday went real well. R ended up sliding across the stage on her knee at one point and has a nice bruised floorburn thing to show for it. The other play that the girls are in open this week plus they have added on performances of the first play so R will practically live at the theater.

We had a nice, though short visit with T's aunt and uncle. They got in late Thur. evening and stayed until Sat. morning. They park their motorcoach in the front yard and plug it in and they're ready.

We had a nice church service. It was very nice to be at church last Sunday and not have to lead music but it actually felt good to lead again this morning. It's still not what I'd rather be doing but after two weeks off, I was okay with it. One lady did a special performance this morning of signing (doing sign language) to the Nicole C. Mullen song "When I Call On Jesus" and that was beautiful. I love that song anyway but to see it in sign language was very moving.

T is going on a short "mission trip" this week with a few others to help some people from our church whose house was damaged in Katrina. They have now bought a house here and need to do a few more things to their other house so it can be sold.

Things are really cooling off here. Still not much rain and the trees are just kind of turning brown and falling off. There is a little color in the leaves but it's pretty drab looking. Lillybet, the goat, is eating like she's storing up for winter. Her little belly sticks out on both sides. All the animals are getting their winter coats. I love it when they do that. The horses are so soft and Lillybet is fluffy. I got some material today to make beds for the dogs for winter. I get the $1 a yard flannel and fill it with cedar shavings in the hopes that they will smell better. They love them. Then about the time they start falling apart in the spring we can just scoop them up and throw them away.

I hope we get some good news this week on the adoption papers. I'm so happy the Fry's have finally brought their children home. You can check out their story following the link for them in my "blogs I read" list. They've waited a long time for this. I hope we're right behind them.

Well, we've got a busy week ahead with work, school, plays, mission trip, etc. I'll post as I can.
Amy

No comments: