Tuesday, November 13, 2007

Fall is in the air

We've actually had a little rain today. We're still so far behind for the year that we'll take whatever we can get. As far as J home by Thanksgiving goes we still haven't heard a thing. The human mind says, there's no way it could happen but the part of me that believes says it still could. My emotions are all over the board. One minute I'm sure we'll get good news and the next I'm depressed because we haven't heard anything. This is a hard road to walk, that's for sure.

Here are a few pics. I didn't think we'd get any color in the trees because of the drought but I've been pleasantly surprised. I may post a few more over the next few days. These are from yesterday. A and R took them when they went for a horse ride after school.

This is the newly weaned Lillybet.

This is the trail they ride up in the woods.


There's a little bit of color in the trees.

And there are some that are downright showing off.
A took a pic of R on my dad's horse, Arrow.
And R took a pic of A on my horse, Lady. R's horse, Bridget, is doing okay right now. She had sore feet again last week but seems all right for now. R did hop on her to see how she'd do and it was fine but she didn't want to push anything.

And another fall pretty. I'm not really sure what my favorite fall color is. I think it's the bright orange. Yellow is okay and I like red but there's something about the brilliant orange that I really like.

That's it for now.

3 comments:

Family by Love said...

I love the fall colors. The horses are beautiful. Maybe someday we'll have to come visit and your girls can take my kids for a horseback ride. I've always wanted to do ride on one.
Ruth

Amy said...

Come on. You're welcome to come.
Amy

danellejoy said...

I'm enjoying your beautiful pictures too. I know I'm at a completely different stage in this process than you are, but I'm starting to feel the emotional roller coaster feelings that go with all this! Trusting God yet some of those fears still creep in from time to time! I'm praying for you.