Thursday, November 22, 2007

Happy Thanksgiving!

Hey everyone. We just wanted to wish you a Happy Thanksgiving!...

...from our "bunch of turkeys" to yours!
That's not the headless horseman on the end, that's T. Hey, at least we were having fun.
And the girls wanted one with the cats. I am holding a cat, he's just so dark you can't see him. And the other two are looking at him because at the last second before the timer went off he looked at them and meowed. In the close up of the picture he looks like he's baring his fangs. Too funny.

The lack of J's presence was definitely felt today. We just have to trust that God knows what He's doing and surrender to His will. We did get a little update from the O that they had Thanksgiving dinner with all the kids and managed to get some pics of everyone together. That would be something to see, a family pic with 100 kids! Our O director reports that the kids had; " turkey, rice and peas(their choice!!!), dinner rolls, salad, custard pie, and juice." They also had a soccer game before lunch.
Something strange has been going on with my finger. Last week I had a hang nail and tried to pinch it off with my thumbnail and ended up pulling it. I put peroxide on it and a band-aid as it was bleeding and I was running out the door. When I got home I clipped it. It never really got over being sore. Yesterday it was very sore and when I looked at it, it was very swollen and warm. I must have some kind of little infection in there somehow. It's still swollen and occasionally warm and throbbing. It was just a hang nail for crying out loud! It lets me know how sore it is every time I bump it. It's my right index finger. You know, the one you do everything with. And I am scheduled to work most of the day tomorrow. You know, the busiest shopping day of the year. Sigh...
Hope you had a great Thanksgiving.

No comments: