Saturday, November 10, 2007

A few pics and a prayer request

It's been another interesting day at the zoo. I thought I'd share some pics with you. Here is what's left of Lillybet's bottle after the dogs got a hold of it.

This is Dexter on the ironing board. I was making some polar fleece pajama bottoms for J and as soon as I got the ironing board out Dexter was on it. He's not only on the board but on the pattern pieces too. And he has his nose tucked in to his paws. I love it when he sleeps like that.

This is Sona sitting on top of the ironing board and checking out the bottom of it. Maybe it's some version of quality control.
I love this one. Both cats got up there and Sona has her head resting on Dexter's butt. There he is again with the nose tucked into the paws. Too funny. Gotta love it.
We have a prayer request we’d like to share with you. In October I read Sherri’s blog (Everyday Miracle) entry titled “Becoming Real”. They also adopted from Haiti and in this post she talks about deciding to believe that her children would be home for Christmas. When it seemed like everything was against them, she believed they would be home for Christmas. I’ve always struggled with that concept for myself. Just because I believe something doesn’t mean God has to do it. Or what if I told someone that I believed something would happen and then it didn’t. What would that do to my faith and theirs, besides looking like a fool? But I began to pray about that and wonder if I could believe the same thing for our son. But Christmas was Sherri’s promise to believe in, not mine. A few more days went by and finally I had a date in mind. I shared with T about it without telling him the day and asked him to pray too and see if a date came to his mind. That was a Sunday morning. That evening I asked him if he’d prayed about it and he hadn’t really seriously prayed about it yet. That night the girls and I ended up laying on our bed and talking. I love those times with my girls. I told them what I had prayed about and that dad was going to pray too and wondered if they wanted to also. Then the conversation turned to other things.
The next day at about 2 in the afternoon T called me at work and said, “You know that thing you asked me to pray about? I did and the date that is in my mind is Thanksgiving. That he’ll be home by Thanksgiving.” I squealed, even though I was at work and said, “That’s my day too!” Later that evening I asked A if she had prayed about it and she said yes but she didn’t want to say the date in her head in case it was different than mine. I wonder where she gets that mindset from? Hmmm. Anyway, I told her that dad and I had Thanksgiving day in our heads. Her mouth kind of dropped open a bit and she said, “That’s what my day is. That he’ll be home by Thanksgiving.”
We chose to tell a few people. My mom was one of them. She said, “Hmm. I had that thought yesterday afternoon, that he'd be home by Thanksgiving.” Then we told our other “mother figure” about it and she got goose bumps just thinking about it. So that’s been in our hearts for over a month now but here it is less than two weeks from Thanksgiving and we haven’t heard a thing. The human mind says there is no way this could happen. It would absolutely take a miracle and we’d love for you to pray with us that J will be home by Thanksgiving this year, if the Lord wills it. We understand that believing something doesn’t make it so and like Shadrac, Meshac and Abednego said, we believe our God is able but even if He doesn’t choose too, we’re still going to praise Him. For the reasons I mentioned above, this is hard to share. Some might ridicule us or think we’re nuts but we felt it was time to share it. Will you pray with us, please?

4 comments:

Family by Love said...

Prepare for rain and praise Him regardless of the outcome. I will continue to pray for a miracle.

Amy said...

Thanks. I had to smile when I saw "prepare for rain". Yes, and you too sister.
Amy

BlessedWithDaughters said...

Praying with you and for you.

--Min

danellejoy said...

Nothing is impossible with God, right? Praying for you and J. Thanksgiving isn't too big for our Big God!