Saturday, November 17, 2007

No creativity in this title

I tried to post the other day but I just couldn't do it. The last time I posted I said my emotions were all over the board. Now I'm mostly just depressed. This road is too hard sometimes. So I'll write about other things.

There was an open house at work last night to kick off the Christmas season. We were very busy and had every kind of sweet treats you could think of. R was doing a play and A was at a friend's house. T just stayed in town since I didn't have a vehicle.

Speaking of vehicles, T is working on the truck today. He was going to move the gas tank from behind the seat to underneath. He cleaned up the new-used one and when he went to put it on, it didn't fit. Back to square one with that. He planned on having it road worthy this week. Sigh...he is working on door handles though and the brake lights do work now.

This afternoon A did the last play that she was working in. R's last play of that one was Wed. Now she has to finish up her other play and we can take a break. She still has tonight and then next Friday and Saturday. Both girls are already talking about trying out for the next one. Whew! I need a break.

Please pray for us. The adoption process feels overwhelming and like it will never end. I know Thanksgiving hasn't come and gone yet, but we haven't even gotten any news. Hence the depression.

Amy

2 comments:

Family by Love said...

I can feel for you with the depression. Christmas shopping is hard because I want to buy Michael a gift, but I still have his birthday gift sitting here since August. I've sent small things for him to the orphanage, but it just isn't the same. I keep praying. I literally cried to God for your family the other night and was sure that I would hear good news from you this week. I have been very sad that I haven't heard good news from you.
Ruth

The Tall Frys & Small Frys said...

Hi Amy,
Know I'm still praying for you. My heart aches and remembers well the weight of the wait. I know this is terribly difficult to go through another holiday. I'll be praying for good news and for the Lord to lift your spirit.
Hugs,
Mama Fry