Sunday, November 29, 2009

It's beginning to look a lot like Christmas

J and I chopped down a tree today. Yes, just J and I. Well, we sawed it down, not chopped. That's another one on J's list of firsts. R was in KY visiting JT as he is still in the hospital with his staph infection. T was working on the Jeep and A was lured by a friend of ours who offered her money to help decorate instead of staying home to help us decorate for free. So it was up to J and I. We picked a nice small tree so that it doesn't take up half the living room. J then helped me decorate the entire house. He was quite the helper and things don't look like they usually do but I let his creative juices flow and he was totally into it. He had a little trouble going to sleep tonight. He wasn't being bad, just restless. I don't know if it's all the excitement of the weekend, going back to school tomorrow after a long weekend or what but I hope and pray he sleeps through the night.

We all overslept this morning. My dad called at 7:35 to see if he could use his own barn to work on his own vehicle but T's was still in it. I asked what time it was and didn't believe him when he told me. He said he thought we'd be getting ready for church. Um, yeah, we usually leave at 7:50-8:00. I threw the phone at T and ran to wake up the kids. I woke A up and she got going and then I went up to wake up J. I said, "J, it's 7:35 and we overslept and I'm still in my pajamas and we have to get going quickly!" and his eyes popped open and he said, "It's seven tirty-five and J is still dormez?!" In his just woke up, still sleepy state he used Creole at the end of his sentence. I laughed and said we were all still dormez. We managed to get ready and leave the house in record time.

No comments: