Saturday, November 7, 2009

Fall

The huge amount of huge acorns that have been raining down on us and that continue to rain down on us brings a whole new meaning to the word "fall". Our yard is literally covered in them. I tried to take some pics to show you but they don't do it justice. And I have no idea why the second and third one are vertical. I don't know if it's blogger or my computer. Anyway, here are the acorn pics.


See? They completely cover the ground. We have not seen this many at one time in the six years we've lived up here. Like I said before, if the quantity of acorns is truly related to how bad the winter will be, we're in for a wild winter. Let it snow.
In other news, my romantic nephew asked his girlfriend to marry him this evening by getting his buddy to fly them over my brother's farm just after dusk where he had written out in Christmas lights "Marry me!" Yes, with an exclamation point not a question mark. They've been dating for several years and of course she said yes. We were all down on the ground watching them fly over and then we had a little engagement party. They are a very sweet couple. So that's two weddings in the family in the next several months. Zoiks! Congrats to P and M!
A is sick again. I'm not sure what's up with her but I wish she'd get over it already. R has been fine since about Thur. afternoon. ??
Happy Fall.

No comments: