Tuesday, November 24, 2009

"Dey talk?"

On the way to school this morning I told J that they were calling for snow flurries on Thursday evening. He didn't respond which I thought was strange because he has talked about seeing snow since I was in Haiti picking him up. It was quiet for a minute or two when he finally asked quietly and incredulously, "Dey talk?" I asked what he meant and he said, "De fluwwies, dey talk?" I laughed a little and said no, what do you mean? He explained, "You said dey was calling for snow fluwies. Do dey talk?" I busted out laughing and had to try to explain weather forecasters and who "they" are and when he finally figured out that there might be snow flurries on Thursday evening, he got really excited. Now I'm afraid we're in for some trouble if it doesn't snow. I was telling my SIL about this and she said he was probably thinking what an amazing country America is where even the snow flurries can talk.

My throat is getting better. Thank you to those who prayed. I still have a lot of nasal congestion but am feeling human again. J is still coughing but not as bad. I guess we're mending.

We are having a time trying to put 2 households into 1 as R collects more and more things for her own home. Our house is not real big by American standards. T moved everything in to the music room/office and now I can't use the treadmill. Not that I'm really sad about that or anything, but this is a time of year when you really could use it. Dexter is enjoying the little perch that was inadvertently made for him.



Here is a pic of J in his basketball uniform. I'd say he's pretty proud of it, wouldn't you?
And here's a pic of him and his team in action. Oh, T used a thumb tack to make a button so we can take pics again with the camera. It won't review them on the screen but at least we can take them.
While us ladies were at bridal shower number 2 Sunday evening, T and J were hosting a "bachelor party" in honor of R's fiance (his initials are very similar to J's so let's call him "JT"). Here are some of the guys whose wives/mothers were helping out at the shower. They were toasting JT with their root beer.

No comments: