Tuesday, February 26, 2008

Tuesday ramblings

Still nothing on the adoption front. I still don't get it. It still doesn't make sense. I saw this quote on the Livesay's blog; "Faith is deliberate confidence in the character of God whose ways you may not understand at the time.” Oswald Chambers. It spoke to me. I especially liked the part about "deliberate confidence in the character of God" because it reminds me that the very character of God would not allow Him to do something that was not in my/our best interest. I emailed it to T. Mr. Philosophical emailed me back with; "Faith is so hard a concept and so simple an action that we sometimes try and mold it's outcome to something that we can understand. It is when being there, in the long run, that requires no action but patien(ce) in waiting on God." He looses me a little bit in that second sentence but I thought that was pretty deep for a dyslexic computer geek. (I love you, Babe) I think the part about trying to mold the outcome to something we can understand is very true. I'm still struggling with the fine line between waiting on the Lord and not being passive. I'm not sure what that looks like in an international adoption. Pray for us. We are struggling with the wait.

A came home saying they had good shows. The audience for the first show wasn't that great, including someone puking on the stage. Eww. Glad I missed that. Thankfully the girls missed that too. The other audiences were great. She also said that she and R were invited to go on the "touring" show. They get to travel out of town, work at a different theater, stay in a hotel, and do 2 or 3 shows and miss another day of school in the process. She is pumped about all of that.

We got our confirmation emails today that we are in fact poor enough to receive federal aid for R's college. We kind of figured this all along but, yay! She also brought home several scholarship applications yesterday. You go girl! Oh, she sent in a poem for a scholarship and she didn't win the scholarship but they want to publish her poem. How cool is that? She wanted to be published by 17 and while this isn't exactly what she had in mind, she will be published by 17.

The weather went from near 60 and chances of storms this morning to 38 and chances of snow by noon. They are still talking about snow. I wish it would snow 6 inches. We need to make those snowmen so the girls can practice jousting and fire the tater cannon.

No comments: