Wednesday, February 13, 2008

Snow day

We are having a snow day today and it's actually snowing. It's so pretty on the trees and stuff. I don't think there will be enough to make snowmen or pull the sled but it is pretty none the less. A did her snow dance yesterday evening. Apparently it worked this time. :)

I have chilblains on my toes again. A gets them too. They are sores that have something to do with circulation in our feet and going from cold to hot. It's explained better here;
http://www.epodiatry.com/chilblains.htm I've gotten them since my teens. Every winter except the winter I was pregnant with A. A started getting them last winter.

The kids have already been out a couple times and found enough snow to make slushies. They also took these pics;

This is A. She likes to do those self portraits.
Here is Trixy blinking in the snow.

I love the look on Oreo's face here.

Oreo is surveying the front yard from "Pride Rock".

This is the backyard a little earlier. It's actually 10:30 now. I started this post a couple hours ago. The pics take a while to upload and the kids keep bringing new ones in plus I've had several phone calls.

Here is Lillybet in her first snowfall. She is running around outside. She'll probably be on the porch swing soon.
Pasture #1.

Here are the horses in pasture #3.

Here are some birthday pics. This is A with her friends.

This was Monday night with family. She is showing her new purse.


Here is the angel holding the cat.

Because she had a cold we made her use a candle snuffer so she wouldn't blow her germs all over the cake. At least she got to blow out the ones with her friends. They were all sick anyway.

Here she is snuffing the candles.

And right afterwards.

One of her friends had balloons sent to her at school. Isn't that sweet? Dexter has a thing for balloons and will bite them until they break. He was very interested in those balloons.

We figured if he bit them and breathed the helium his meow would be real high pitched.

Well, R is painting and it's still snowing. I need to get in the shower and then make brownies for church tonight. I figure there won't be many people there though, but you never know. I'm still hoping for enough snow to make snowmen. T went to work but I bet he'd come home if A told him she wanted to blow up her snowman with the potato cannon. Goofy people.
Amy

1 comment:

Danielsen5 said...

Thanks for sharing the pics. The twins were eating lunch while I was reading this and got excited when they saw your mom and dad. Elysha kept yelling, "Grandma and Grandpa!". She has done this at church too, when seeing Jerry. It has been 3 months since they have seen Dave and Sandy, and miss them terriably, they are the only "grandparents" the kids have.

Blessings, Beth