Thursday, February 7, 2008

Karnaval shmarnaval

This is karnaval week (or Mardis Gras week) in Haiti and no offices are open. So obviously nothing is getting done. Don't they know we've been waiting for 28 1/2 months to bring our son home?!? And that we've been waiting over 8 months for a passport?!?! Aaaaahhhhh!! There, I feel a little better now. Not much, but a little.

T has a nasty man cold ( http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rXLHWmjA5IE -I first saw this on the Livesay's blog). He tried to blame it on me but I had a sinus infection, not a cold. I didn't have a voice that was 5 octaves lower than usual and endless coughing. No, he has something different that I've not had (yet anyway). Hopefully I won't get it. If he would quit coughing in my direction and breathe his own air, I'd be okay. He has seen the "man cold" clip and thought it was funny.

Not much going on here. T is at a meeting tonight (I guess he can cough on them this evening). The girls are home. Yesterday was busy with my make-up classes for abstinence, R had school and work, A had play practice after school, then we had church and praise team practice. The store was really busy today but it's really quiet here right now. The cats aren't even fighting.

I think about J's winter clothes now and then and wonder if I'm going to have to pack them up too and get summer ones back out before he gets home. Lord, when will the waiting end for us? It all seems so senseless. I hope there is a reason for the waiting. It kind of scares me to think that I'm going to need that much patience or that much faith for something in the future. I hope there's a reason that's bigger than just us though. At least I think I do.

Okay, I think I better do a "things I'm thankful for" list. Let's see. I'm thankful for my hubby and for the children that God has entrusted to us. R is in the top 10 of her senior class of over 175 students. I'm thankful for dark chocolate (have I brought that one up before?). I am thankful that the cars are running this week. I'm thankful that we didn't have any damage in the storms Tuesday night. I'm thankful for a job. I'm thankful for music and that way it moves people. I'm thankful for a God that I can "praise anyway."

No comments: