Sunday, February 24, 2008

Sunday's ramblings

Well, thank God, today seems better than yesterday. Yesterday was just kind of a boo hoo day. Today things seem to be a little better.

Church was good. I got a break leading worship. That kind of revs me back up when I can have a day off. Just "fill up" instead of constantly putting out.

I came across this verse today, and it's not a Psalm. How about that? 1 Peter 5:10 "And the God of all grace, Who called you to His eternal glory in Christ, after you have suffered a little while, will Himself restore you and make you strong, firm, and steadfast." I feel like I've been suffering for quite a while now and I love that God will restore me and make me strong, firm and steadfast. Knowing that helps somehow.

We as parents don't want our children to hurt. A was sharing about a time when she was crying and she prayed that the Lord would show her that He was there and her cat came along and licked her tears and snuggled up with her. When she told us that, I hurt that she was hurting to the point of tears but I was thankful that God used a silly cat to minister to her. I guess if He can use Balaam's donkey He can use A's cat. I don't want J to hurt either. I wonder how many times he has shed tears wondering if we are ever coming to get him. Maybe that's some of the pain that I felt yesterday. He asks nearly every time we talk to him when we are coming to get him. It breaks my heart and I hurt because he does. You know what though, it hurts more when he doesn't ask because I'm afraid he has given up hope. Lord, please let this waiting come to an end and bring J home to his family. Please keep praying with us.

Amy

1 comment:

Family by Love said...

My heart ached for you and J as I read your post. We continue to pray.