Wednesday, February 20, 2008

Hope, frustration, pics

I just got done reading "Small Town Big Miracle" by Bishop W.C. Martin. It's the story of the little town in east TX where a congregation of 200 people adopted over 70 kids from the foster care system. It's a good book. He talks about Psalm 68:4-6 "Sing to God; make music to praise his name. Make a highway for him to ride through the deserts. The LORD is his name. Celebrate in his presence. The God who is in his holy dwelling place is the father of the fatherless and the defender of widows. God places lonely people in families. He leads prisoners out of prison into productive lives, but rebellious people must live in an unproductive land." I love that. He's the father to the fatherless and He places lonely people in families. How cool is that?

I read books like that and I just want to bring our son home. Is that so much to ask? Is it wrong to want him home? I'm very frustrated with the adoption process. This is the longest we've gone with no forward movement since we started. It's absolutely crazy. It makes no sense whatsoever. We're supposed to be so close to the end and nothing happens. Day after day, week after week, month after month. Please, just pray for us. Pray for forward movement. Pray for stamps and signatures. Pray for a passport, visa and DHS approval. I don't know what to do with these feelings. It's like an overwhelming helplessness, hopelessness.

Here are a few pics from the dance. We couldn't use flash and when we don't use flash and try to zoom in a bit, the pics come out blurry. So here is a somewhat dark and blurry pic of my parents on the dance floor. Aren't they cute?
And here is one with dad on the left dancing with a friend and mom and A are dancing on the right. There were a few dance instructors there and A danced with one of them. She also danced with G'pa and G'ma. On the way home we asked A who was easier to dance with, G'pa or the instructor. Without missing a beat she said, G'ma. They do look like they're having fun.

Lori and Licia show gross pics sometimes of their clinic in Haiti. I thought I'd show a few gross pics. Remember last week I said we get out a yardstick sometimes and sweep it under furniture and appliances to get the cat toys out. Here is a pic of the totally fur covered screw that came out from under the piano. It looks like we should name it.

And here is R with another injury. She's smiling again and we don't know why.

Actually, we do know why. Relax. It's theater paint. Gotcha! They are studying make up in her drama class. So far she has been an old person and an injured person. Trust me, it washed right off.

3 comments:

danellejoy said...

A! (can't remember if you use your name) =)

I will just scream when I hear that you are going to pick up JM! Absolutely SCREAM!!!! Lord, help it be soon.

danellejoy said...

Just thinking and discussing this with our kids,,,I really want you to get this call sooner, however, I would feel so privileged to witness you guys picking him up when we're down there at the end of March! But still want it to happen sooner for you.

Family by Love said...

I can't wait to hear some movement for both of us. I so understand where you are at. I continue to pray, pray, and pray some more.