Sunday, November 30, 2008

snotitis

I have a baaaaddd case of snotitis. Most people refer to this as the common cold. At our house we call it snotitis. I'd like to have someone to blame but I know a lot of people who have it right now and don't know who to blame.

I made a mistake leading music at church this morning. I could blame it on the fever, or the light-headedness or the "only play them once a year Christmas songs", but it comes down to I made a boo boo. Yes, I've made plenty of little slip-ups before but it's been a long time since I made one that kind of threw everyone off. Oops. I tried to cover but hit the wrong chord and everyone was lost. Including me. I just kind of said "sorry" and kept going. What else can you do at that point?

We have a tree up. Sometimes we think of it as "New Year's Eve fodder". It's a big, fluffy tree that's kind of sparse at the bottom. You know how in the great expanse of the outdoors you wonder if the tree will be big enough and then you bring it inside and set it up and it takes up half of the living room? That's this tree. I said it was a little tall and T didn't think it would be tall enough. Ha! We had to take 6 inches off of it to fit it in. I think we've trimmed it enough that it won't get cedar sap on the ceiling. I think.

The cats are mesmerized as always with the tree and the boxes of decorations to explore. I've been kind of wimpy with my snotitis (where does all that come from anyway?) and the kids have done most of the work. "A" pretty much decorated the house. I did manage to get lights and garland on the tree but no ornaments are on it yet. Maybe tomorrow. One of my Christmas cacti is blooming like crazy. Hit's so purty. I'll take pics when everything gets done and show you the cactus too.

Now I need to blow my nose. And find some meds.

3 comments:

Danielsen5 said...

Sorry, bet my family gave it to you. We had it a total of two weeks. You know what they say, "you can't get rid of it until you give it to someone else"!

At least your one up on us with the tree. With DH Working two jobs, might be March before we do it. I did however get our advent candy Clause up. Chocolate is soooooooooo important - LOL

Blessings, Beth Ann

danellejoy said...

Amy,
I messed up big time just last week during the introduction of a song...I don't naturally know how to transpose at all, but somehow for this particular intro I played it in about 3 different keys before I finally got it right!!! I couldn't do that again if I tried!!! Our girls were part of the Praise Team leading and they were a bit nervous that I'd continue that pattern for the actual song...but thankfully I got it all out of my system with just the introduction! =)
Blessings!

Amy said...

Beth, gee, thanks. And yes, chocolate is soooooo important.

Danelle, I can picture that as I've done the two different key intro before. 3 keys, that's hilarious. I love that your girls are part of the praise team as my daughter and mother are part of ours. See, just one more thing we have in common.
Amy