Tuesday, November 4, 2008

Bizarre

I feel like a lot of things in my life right now can be described in one word. Bizarre. My hair? Bizarre. Fibromyalgia and it's effects on me? Bizarre. R having mono? Bizarre. She doesn't even seem sick. She had a couple of rough days but otherwise you wouldn't know she is sick. This whole adoption has been bizarre. From the birth mother not signing papers for us to get into IBESR to the birth certificate being wrong and holding us up for getting out of IBESR. From the file getting lost in MOI and having to be totally redone to the current problem with the extract of archives, it's bizarre.

Last night I was opening a can of tomato sauce to use in our supper and I always press the tops of the cans to make sure they haven't lost their seal. I commented on it being "puffed up" but I couldn't push it in to make it "pop" so I thought it was just "puffed up". When I popped the top with the can opener the can exploded it's contents all over me and the kitchen. Mrs. H was there and she kind of knew what happened because of my comment but T didn't know. All he saw/heard was the can opener start and me yell and turn away quickly. Then he saw the red everywhere and freaked out. He thought I had cut myself and that it was blood. Poor guy. It hit mostly my face and hair but it went all over the kitchen too. It even hit the refrigerator that is like 10 or 12 feet away. We thought we had cleaned it up last night but I found some on another wall this morning. A took a pic of it for me. I know these aren't the best pics but you get the idea.



See, bizarre.

No comments: