Wednesday, November 19, 2008

"Hopelessness is a disease"

I finished reading "Where The River Ends" by Charles Martin earlier today. It's the story of a man's love for his wife and her battle with cancer and how the river is a gift to both of them, so they take one last trip down the river. Towards the end of the book the character, Doss, is fired up about the things that cancer can take from you and the things that it can't. He also talks about hopelessness. He says, "Hopelessness is a disease, more powerful than the one that stole Abbie's life. Because it affects the heart...There is no vaccine, no one is immume." I decided to not let hopelessness be my disease today.

3 comments:

On Purpose said...

Hello, Amy I read your prayer request on Lysa's blog. I am praying right now for you and your family. For the questions, the frustrations, the doubts and all the hardship that this journey has brought. But I believe God truly has the best for you! Thank you for the opportunity to pray for you! Love to you and prayers up to Him!

Amy said...

Thanks for your prayers and kind words.
Amy

Chapter Two said...

God is good. I love this hopeful and determined post.

Blessings!