Saturday, November 8, 2008

The end of an era

I wish I could tell you it's the end of the adoption process era. But it's not. I'm so frustrated with the adoption process that I don't know what to do with it. I try to "give it to God" but it always seems to be with me anyway. We haven't heard of any change this week. I mailed his Christmas gifts this week for his 4th Christmas without us. I wish I had some philosophical or theological response but all I feel is the awful raw emotion that hurts so much and never seems to leave. Blech! I don't even want to talk about it.

The "era" that I'm referring to is the end of the minivan era. A couple weeks ago we bought a "new to us" Ford Expedition. We wanted to be able to pull a camper some day and Flannery Vandango just didn't have the strength to do that. So we got "Big Momma". Flannery went to her new home this week. It was sad to see her go. I had never wanted to drive a minivan but they are so versatile and comfortable. I ended up really liking them. I kind of miss her. Big Momma is nice but she has to grow on me a bit yet. She's a little quirky. I drove a minivan for the last 7 years. Hence, it is the end of an era for us.

While giving Flannery Vandango a thorough cleaning I found a Hershey's Kiss under the front seat. I have no idea how long it was there. We do clean out our vehicles fairly regularly but look at this Kiss. It had turned into little granular pieces. How weird is that?Apparently, being lost under the car seat for a period of time turns chocolate kisses into dust. Who knew?

This is R's bf as he was leaving the house the other night. He had his Vault in his pocket (like he needs Vault-he's ADHD), guitar, cords, keys, amp. The glow stick necklace was compliments of T.
T fixed up the necklace into a combo necklace and headband and told me to take a pic. It doesn't show up that well but it was funny.

Yeah, we're a goofy bunch.

2 comments:

Sarah said...

Amy, I found your blog through your comment's profile, and I am blown away by your story and faith. I will certainly pray for huge mountains to be moved so your can bring your little boy home. Would you mind if I linked your blog on mine?

I had no idea that Hershey Kisses would turn to dust. I've had more than my fair share melting in pockets and on carseats, though, lol!
Blessings,
Sarah

Amy said...

Link away. Thanks for checking out the blog.
Amy