Tuesday, November 11, 2008

Good verses, good song

This has been a difficult, weepy day. I was just thinking, "I just want the waiting to end. One way or another, I just want it to end. I want to give up." I don't know how many times today I whined that God just doesn't care about us and this adoption process. And then I took a look at RHFH blog and she had these verses posted under a pic of a little girl that is alive today because of their ministry in Haiti.
Galatians 6:9 (The Message)
9-10So let’s not allow ourselves to get fatigued doing good. At the right time we will harvest a good crop if we don’t give up, or quit. Right now, therefore, every time we get the chance, let us work for the benefit of all, starting with the people closest to us in the community of faith.

Isaiah 40:30-31 (The Message)
27-31Why would you ever complain, O Jacob, or, whine, Israel, saying,“God has lost track of me. He doesn’t care what happens to me”?Don’t you know anything? Haven’t you been listening?God doesn’t come and go. God lasts. He’s Creator of all you can see or imagine.He doesn’t get tired out, doesn’t pause to catch his breath. And he knows everything, inside and out.He energizes those who get tired, gives fresh strength to dropouts.For even young people tire and drop out, young folk in their prime stumble and fall.But those who wait upon God get fresh strength. They spread their wings and soar like eagles,They run and don’t get tired, they walk and don’t lag behind.


Hmm. Makes you think. I've also camped out on this Dave Crowder Band song too.

“ALL THAT I CAN SAY”
David Crowder Band

Lord I’m tired, so tired from walking
And Lord I’m so alone
And Lord the dark is creeping in, creeping up
To swallow me
I think I’ll stop, rest here a while

And this is all that I can say right now
And this is all that I can give
And this is all that I can say right now
And this is all that I can give- that’s my everything

Oh didn’t You see me cry’n?
Oh and didn’t You hear me call Your name?
Wasn’t it You I gave my heart to?
I wish You’d remember where You sat it down

And this is all, this all that I can say right now, I know it’s not much
But this is all that I can give-yeah that’s my everything
And this is all that I can say right now, right now, I know it’s not much
And this is all that I can give- yeah, that’s my everything

I didn’t notice You were standing here
I didn’t know that that was You holding me
I didn’t notice You were cry’n too
I didn’t know that that was You washing my feet

And this is all, this is all that I can say right now, I know it’s not much
And this is all that I can give-yeah that’s my everything
And this is all that I can say right now, right now, I know it’s not much
And this is all that I can give- yeah, that’s my everything
And this is all, this is all that I can say right now, I know it’s not much
And this is all that I can give-yeah that’s my everything

Yeah that’s my everything, yeah that’s my everything….everything

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I try to check your blog daily, as I know that you are all having a hard time with this eternal adoption process. I am praying for you all and for the papers to move forward. I would like to say something encouraging, but words fail me. Love Mama Noel

Family by Love said...

Oh, Amy. I wish I was closer to you and could come and hug you. Sometimes I found it helped to just have someone that understood at least a little of what I was going through that could listen to me. Remember you can always call me in the evenings. I am praying for peace and progress for you.
In Christ's Love,
Ruth

Amy said...

Thanks ladies.
Amy