Monday, May 2, 2011

What's going on

Well, I said I wouldn't post any more pics of my wrist until it looked better. I think it looks a lot better. Some of the writing is still there but the yellow stuff is gone and the incisions look a lot better. Yes?

We tried to replicate the Door county fish boil that we all loved so much last summer. I found a recipe and it was a bit salty and we didn't have the right fish. We tried two different kinds and one we liked and one we didn't. Darned if we know which is which though. But overall it was pretty good. We will definitely keep trying.

I can't cut things up right now so J volunteered to cut up the onion. Here he is with his onion safety goggles (aka sunglasses) to protect his eyes. He still ended up teary eyed but he never complained.

Here is a  pic of another tree that went down in the storms last week. I know it's dark but the tree is broken off towards the top left and angles towards the bottom right.

And here is some of the water. We have a wet weather creek beside and in front of the house. It was rushing so fast that it had white water in it.

A got back from her senior trip. T did not have a chance to work on her car at all while she was gone. Now she is catching a ride with E. There was a shirt in her car that had been chewed on and pooped on by mice. She also found a 2 1/2-3ft. long chicken snake wrapped around the wheel/tire. She screamed (as much as she could as she has laryngitis) and her daddy and boyfriend came running with their hoe (T) and fence post (bf). What the heck were they going to do with those? The snake then went up into the engine compartment. They started the car but we never saw the snake again. Whole body quiver.

I have mixed emotions about Osama bin Laden's death. I can't say I'm sad he's gone but I'm not celebrating it. And really I think people are celebrating what is hopefully the end of the evil he represented. You can not master mind the death of thousands of people and just go on about your business, living in your million dollar home and then using your wife as a shield at the end. I believe he was an evil man and have no problem with the fact that he's gone from this earth. Unfortunately there are probably several more to take his place.

There are more storms heading our way. I will be glad when we get out of this weather pattern. Of course, then we'll be complaining about the heat, humidity, and lack of rain.

And that's what's going on in our neck of the woods.

No comments: