Monday, May 23, 2011

Perfect

J got a Perfect Attendance certificate at school today. I don't think any of the rest of us ever had perfect attendance. How cool is that? And what am I going to do with this kid for summer vacation?!? Ahhhh!

Still having lots of fun with Diesel. He's a very active kitten and wants to play with everything. J has had a fun time with him and we all like to pick him up and cuddle or rough house with him.

My mom used to have a Grady Nutt tape and he told a story about sitting on rough cut benches at church and that the women didn't like them because they would "snag your knits." I have hung on to that saying and use it when I snag on something or think I might. Or when the cats claw us. Diesel has been doing a lot of that. J picked up on my "snag your knits" saying. Only when he says the long "a" sound it comes out more like a short "o" sound. And he doesn't always get the correct consonants either. So the other day Diesel jumped up on J's leg and J said, "Hey! You snog my knicks!" He's so funny. And yes, I've been saying "snog your knicks" ever since then.

No comments: