Tuesday, May 24, 2011

Party time

We are getting close to the day of A's graduation and the party. My dad has been very busy getting the yard looking nice. The cover is off the pool and thankfully this year there were just some tadpoles on the cover and one bloated frog in the pool. Last year there were bloated mice in the water and it was very nasty. And there were always a lot of tadpoles. The water doesn't look too bad at all this year.

I've bought most of the food and drinks for the party though I'm sure I'm missing something. Mr. R is going to come and grill chicken. Woot! We are borrowing tents but praying that it doesn't rain.

I had a good report at my Dr. appointment today. We will continue the hand therapy for 2-4 more weeks and I see the doc again in 4 weeks. If the scars have not stretched out and swelling is still an issue he will try to inject it with something. I feel like it will heal well by itself. Oh, he doesn't think it's a stitch that's still in it, just some blood that will eventually get resorbed. My doc has 5 adopted children so we spent a lot of time talking about kids. His oldest is going to the day camp that J went to last year.

Diesel went outside and got greasy in the car stuff that T is working on. Since he still has fleas and got greasy A gave him a bath. I think she just wanted to bathe him. He wasn't thrilled with it but is none the worse for wear. I will put more flea stuff on him tomorrow.

T took a vacation day to work on the car that A drives. He just got back from getting more parts. Sigh...pray that he gets it going soon and stays safe while working on it. A drove T's truck to work and thoroughly enjoyed that.

I am enjoying this week and looking forward to graduation and the party but I will be glad when it's over. Then we have to settle into our summer routine, whatever that is.

No comments: