Wednesday, May 11, 2011

Still muddling...

...but with an improved attitude. Makes the day look brighter. I don't know if it's the weather, a hormone shift or what. Today is just better.

J got a hit last night. Woot! That's his first hit of the season. We practiced with him before the game and he asked if he got a run could we get ice cream. T and I said if he could get a hit, we could get ice cream. He got his hit and it was caught nearly as soon as he hit it but T said, "Way to go, J. You get ice cream!" Some of the other parents looked at us and we told them about our conversation before the game. Then J got walked and one of the other parents said, "Hey. That must be good for 2 ice creams." And later yet another kid tagged someone out and their mom said, "Way to go. You get ice cream!" We all turned around and looked at her and laughed.

I was also having an interesting text conversation with a sick friend (one of the "CO Ladies") during the game. She went to 4 different places for medical care, 2 were full and one couldn't help her. Finally got to an urgent care clinic where she got two shots, a breathing treatment and 4 dif meds. I think the text conversation was so interesting because she kept referring to her cough medicine as "codeine punch". That pretty much explains it. Thanks for cheering me up, K!

I'm a little bummed about my wrist. I had therapy today and it's still so sore and swollen. I mentioned to the therapist that the doc had said recovery time was about 6 weeks. The therapist said, ummm. Maybe if you'd only had one thing done but you had two things done and even with one thing 6 weeks was a pretty optimistic guess. Well. Burst my bubble. Next week we start strengthening exercises. I guess that's good.

We are still totally enjoying Diesel. He bit T on the butt in bed last night. How funny is that?!?

This is Diesel swinging from the camera strap.

Batting at the camera while J tried to take a pic.

 He's so stinking cute! Even if he did ruin a curtain already.

No comments: