Friday, May 6, 2011

Cats

We love our cats around here.

We lost our Dexter cat on Wed. He fought hemobartinella long and hard but it compromised his immune system and we'd get one thing cleared up and another would start. He stopped eating and drinking this week and his poor little body gave up. We loved our Dexter and will miss him greatly. We're so glad he's no longer suffering. He lived 13 1/2 happy, healthy years and was only sick the last couple months.

Here is a "baby pic" of Dexty. He was a very active kitten and into everything. He attacked his toys the hard way, like over and under the chair wrungs or going the long way. He ruined some plants, lamp shades and curtains.

He climbed up between the storm window and regular windows.

The girls grew up with him. They loved Dexter too. (Sorry for the blurry pics of pics. I don't have a scanner.)

I had no idea what I was doing when I had him declawed in front. I thought I was trying to save my curtains, plants and lampshades. But Dexter didn't know he was declawed. He climbed trees and bird houses.

Gone but not forgotten. Dexter Webster--Oct. 11, 1997-May 4, 2011



And now, introducing the newest member of our family. Our still unnamed baby boy. He is precious. He is so sweet and cuddly and we are all head over heels for him.

Does he not have the coolest markings ever? Name suggestions? Leave a comment.