Sunday, May 4, 2008

Sunday stuff

There is so much stuff in my head I don't think I can get it all out. I talked to J today and played guitar and sang to him. That brought big smiles and his buddies listening in. The first thing he said was, "When you will come to get me?" And I had to tell him the same thing I've been telling him for what feels like forever. When the paperwork is done. I don't know if he knows that some of the papers got lost. It breaks my heart to think about it. I want to scream why, why, why but I know it wouldn't do any good. Some days it's so hard to deal with. R told me a few months ago that this doesn't strengthen her faith, it kills her faith. That breaks my heart too. She's going to college in the fall and won't get to be the kind of big sister that she wanted to be to him.

We chose "Blessed Be Your Name" as one of the songs for today's service. It's so hard to honestly say those words, "You give and take away. My heart will choose to say, blessed be Your name." But I sang them honestly. Our interim pastor told us last Sunday that he was going to call us the "Job family". I was like, thanks a lot! But he said that Job found favor in the eyes of God. And I thought, yeah, and everything was given back to him at the end of the book. Hmmm.

I told the congregation today that we did find some light in the darkness this week. I emailed DHS in Port-au-Prince and they assured me that they would hold our file until we can get the documentation to them. That means that we don't have to re-file the I600 at nearly $800. We're thankful for that. We planned on having our fingerprints re-done, again, on Wed. I found out that they no longer do walk-ins and that we have to request it in writing and go when they say go. But, since this is our 3rd time having them done we are eligible for a one-time only free fingerprinting. That's $160 we won't have to pay. We're thankful for that.

We don't have good, clear info on what exactly needs to be done with our file. I guess they are making new "originals" based on the photocopies that they had. Go figure. Isn't that an oxymoron? A new original. Hmmm. I'm not sure which papers are affected either. Pray for us.

The girls and I watched the movie "Martian Child" last night. Good movie. I would recommend it.

On another note, A has lots of hair. When she took out her pony tail holder the other night, this is what she looked like. We all should be so blessed. My hair is very wimpy and T is bald.

Sano is dealing with her new appendage pretty well. She can eat and drink okay. Sometimes she fits the cone over her dish and sometimes the cone works as a scoop for her. The scoop thing works pretty well when she is eating or drinking, however, it also acts as a scoop when she is in the litter box trying to cover up her deposit. Yeah, that isn't pretty. Then we chase her around and have to catch her and wipe the cone off. Goofy cat. This is a pic of her with the cone fitted over the dish. You can see what's left of her tail, too.

Close up of the same thing. That's a leaf beside her.

R still loves the crazy cat anyway. When I was a kid I had a Little Bo Peep figurine that had a huge bonnet on and that's what Sano reminds me of. Our current nicknames for her are "Coney", "Poopy Coney", or "Little Bo Peep." We're also still calling her stubby now and then.


I guess that's all for now. Please pray for good news for us this week. Thanks.

2 comments:

Chapter Two said...

Amy,
I like the explanation your pastor gave for calling you the "Job" family. It made me wonder if our weighty wait and the difficulty of it in a similar way turned to our blessing in a Job-like way too. Our lives together are by no means perfect and easy, but I am often overwelmed by the goodness of the blessing of our three. God matched our family and made it good despite the agony of the long wait. I pray that for you and your son. And I long to hear he is coming home. My children asked the same question: "when?" and we could only say "papers" too. That hurts and my heart is with you.
Many blessings,
me at Chapter Two

Anonymous said...

Dear Amy,

If faith were not tested it would be a mute point. How lonely and miserable that would be. Just ask a non-believer. I pray God brings you and yours peace soon with J in your arms ASAP. At this point I can only imagine how hard it must be somedays but I also know you will do it. You are a wonderful Christian. Stay positive by accepting,"God is in control and His timing is not ours." There is a reason(s) J is not with you and it must be a really good one. Maybe someday you will know that reason but most importantly ,God knows today and He knows what He is doing. Patience is next in line to faith but both are truly required to conquer the set-backs satan throws at us. I think stress is satans greatest resource. It makes us all someone we don't like being. So combat him by trying to Relax, do what you can (what God requires), relax some more and smile in the devil face knowing God has your back. I know as well as you this is never easy but I hope you find comfort and direction in His words, continued strength in your faith and protection of your love for our Father from the evil that might come at you. Your sister in Christ, TJ